Ethos and mission statement
Sowing faith, growing learners, inspiring futures
Our school was founded by the Church with the aim of teaching all children to read and write so that they could study the writings of the bible. Today we provide a broad curriculum but we still adhere to those original aspirations. We provide the highest quality of teaching and learning, reflecting Christian values and beliefs, in an environment where children develop as caring, compassionate and confident young people.
The Ethos of the school
We recognise the importance of the history of our school and continue to preserve its religious character following Church of England guidelines, not least through our close relationship with our churches and their members. We serve the children of our five parishes, and those from further afield, by providing a secure and safe place to learn where everyone has a voice and is heard. We make learning exciting, fun and inspiring, give praise and encouragement to bring out the best in everyone and celebrate achievements both great and small.
- help everyone to aim high and achieve
- make sure everyone has access to quality teaching and learning
- develop everyone’s self-belief so they can achieve their dreams
- promote life skills to encourage rounded and resilient individuals.
Faith and beliefs
- promote Christian values within a diverse and multi-faith community
- treat others as we like to be treated ourselves
- encourage collective and individual forms of worship
- make time and space to think and reflect.
- make the best progress you can, no matter what your starting point
- learn how to make the right choices and be kind and caring
- find the confidence and skills to make your next step
- become resilient, reflective and resourceful.
Ethos and culture
- make sure our school is a safe and secure place for everyone
- make learning exciting and inspiring
- celebrate your journey
- allow all voices and opinions to be heard
- connect you with the community, the country and the world.