Our children love the outdoors. With this in mind, we have developed a large forest school area at the top of our school site. Children receive weekly forest school sessions (alternate half terms for KS2 children) and all provision is led by a qualified forest school practitioner following the six principles of forest school education.
Orford's forest school aims:
- To foster a passion and connection for being outdoors
- To support a development of a relationship between pupils and the environment
- To promote the holistic development of all those involved, fostering resilient, confident, independent and creative learners
- To offer learners the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and to themselves.
- To provide a range of learner-centred processes to create a community for development and learning