All of the children at Orford CEVA Primary School are part of the Whole School Council. Representatives from each year group (plus a chair and secretary from year 6) meet monthly to discuss a whole range of issues which reflect the needs of the children in their classes.
The children are encouraged to view themselves as active citizens who can share ideas and inform the change process in their school.
School council have come up with a set of rules which every member agrees to.
1. Remember to attend meetings.
2. Listen to each other.
3. Make sure everyone gets a copy of the minutes.
4. Be prepared to be the voice of fellow pupils.
5. Always behave positively.
So far this year we have discussed the following topics:
- New dinner trays.
- New play equipment for the playground.
- New signs.
- More benches in the playground.
- List of school rules around the school.
In the school hall we have a "You said.... we did" board where the results of any actions taken are posted and shared.